TechViews News …..
Android mobile devices come with a basic, built in browser. While basic, the stock browser is really quite adept and fast in its use.
You may, if you choose, also install alternate browsers for use. The more popular ones are Firefox, Chrome, Dolphin & Opera (I use Dolphin).
Regardless which browser you use, our readers by now know that browsers collect and store information about your web activity, regardless to whether you are using a desktop or laptop computer, or a mobile device.
There are multiple reasons why deleting cookies, clearing the cache, and removing browsing history can benefit not only your privacy but also your devices and browsing sessions more generally.
So, let’s clean out the stock Android browser:
- Open the Android internet browser. When you do, you should see an image of three dots arranged vertically. That’s the Menu icon. Press it.
- A menu appears that allows you to save a page for offline reading, access your bookmarks, and print. It also comes with the option of viewing your browsing settings. Click on Settings.
- In the subsequent menu, users can access their General, Advanced, and Accessibility settings. We don’t want any of those today. Instead we want Privacy & security.
- The Privacy & security menu offers users the availability to clear their cache, history, or cookie data. Simply click the “Clear cache,” “Clear history,” or “Clear all cookie data”options.
- You’ll receive a prompt to confirm the deletion of the Android internet browser’s cache, history, or cookie data. Submit your confirmation.
It’s really that easy. If you use the built-in browser for Android, take a few moments to clear your personal data from time to time.
Be Safe – Backup Your Data Regularly!
And don’t forget to take advantage of our FREE subscription to the TechViews.org Newsletter. A must-read if you are interested in Internet Security.